Frequently Asked Questions
Which pricing models do you offer?
For now, we work on a CPM basis only. This means you can buy or sell traffic per 1000
impressions; CPM (Cost per Mille) price is the amount you pay/receive per
Can I sign up as an individual?
Of course, you can register an account as individual or as a company. In both cases, please make sure to provide correct and valid information; contact details, billing info and VAT number. Once your account is enabled, company and billing info cannot be modified.
In case you're an EU advertiser registering an individual account, to provide your VAT number, please get in touch with us
Is there something to pay attention to when creating my account?
When signing up, please make sure to pay attention while filling in your contact details, company/billing info. The billing information cannot be modified once your account has been approved. When registering as a Company, please make sure you provide a valid VAT and Company registration number. Password requirements will be listed when filling the respective field in.
I have not received the activation/password reset e-mail. What should I do?
Please check your Junk or Spam folders, the e-mail might have landed there. If this is not the case, then do not hesitate to get in touch with us
so we can re-send the activation/password reset e-mail to your address. Please remember to include your username in the e-mail.
Guidelines for advertisers and publishers
campaigns must follow the below listed guidelines and our Terms &
Conditions. Promoting content that violate these regulations would lead to immediate
termination of the account.
The approval and denial
of an advertiser’s campaign is ruled by AWE Network and may occur at any time.
AWE Network reserves the
right to change its policies at any time.
It is strictly forbidden
- use any content consisting of zoophilia, paraphilia or
- use any content representing individuals in adult or
sexual situations who are under 18 years of age;
- use any content offering illegal products or services,
criminal offenses such as drugs or any related paraphernalia;
- use any content promoting violence, racial intolerance,
exploitation or abuse of others;
- use any content without the appropriate copyrights;
- promote incentives for online activity to surf
websites, click on ads, or any activity that artificially enhances website
or advertiser metrics;
- promote illegal activities that infringes on the rights
of others, including intellectual property rights;
For the complete list
and more information please also see our Terms & Conditions (here).
Landing Page Regulations
- The URL must work and cannot contain any spaces.
- The URL cannot display a blank page, a page that is
under construction or a page with poor content.
- The destination URL cannot use rotating landing pages.
- The URL cannot link directly to an executable file or
any download that is not user initiated.
- The landing page cannot:
- require a login to view any site content;
- include code scripts causing the website to break out
- use spyware/adware/scareware/malicious code, or
deliver harmful programs;
- engage in any illegal online activities such as
phishing, spoofing, spamming or spimming;
- use sounds (including alert sounds);
- contain more than one exit pop-up;
- use any mechanism that prevents user from closing the
All participating sites
must meet the below listed requirements.
The approval and denial
of a publisher’s registration is ruled by AWE Network and may occur at any
time. A rejected account will not be allowed to participate in the network
AWE Network reserves the
right to change its policies at any time.
- Websites promoting any contents representing zoophilia
- Websites promoting any content representing individuals
in adult or sexual situations who are under 18 years of age;
- Websites promoting any content offering illegal
products or services, criminal offenses such as drugs or any related
- Websites promoting any content representing violence, racial
intolerance, exploitation or abuse of others;
- Websites promoting any content without the appropriate
- Websites promoting any content offering incentives for
online activity to surf websites, click on ads, or any activity that artificially
enhances website or advertiser metrics;
- Websites promoting illegal activities that infringes on
the rights of others;
For the complete list and
more information please also see our Terms & Conditions (here
Advertiser: A customer of AWE Network who creates the creative(s), and authorizes AWE Network as its intermediary to include it on the publisher’s website(s). A person who would like to advertise something.
Advertising Budget: The amount of money an advertiser sets aside for an advertising campaign.
Banner: Depending on how it's used, a banner is either a graphic image that announces the name or identity of a site or is an advertising image.
Campaign: Configuration of an advertisement with all its parameters.
Click Through Rate (CTR): The percentage of clicks on a creative.
Cost Per Mille (CPM): The price of 1,000 advertisement impressions on one webpage.
CPM Bid: The amount that an advertiser is willing to pay for a thousand impressions.
Creative: The text, graphics, logos, designs, trademarks and copyrights for any type of advertising including, but not limited to banners and pop-unders created by an advertiser.
Daily budget: The amount of money that an advertiser sets aside for an advertising campaign per day.
Frequency cap: It means restricting (capping) the number of times (frequency) a specific visitor to a website is shown a particular advertisement. It allows to limit the maximum number of impressions/views a visitor can see a specific ad within a period of time.
Geo-Targeting: An advertisement targeted at a specific geographical region, area or location.
Impressions: The number of times a creative is served to a person visiting the publisher’s website(s).
Landing Page: The specific web page that a visitor ultimately reaches after clicking an advertisement.
Pop-under: A type of full page displayed creative that appears behind the browser window of a website that a user has visited and becomes visible when the user closes the page he was viewing.
Publisher: A content providing customer of AWE Network responsible for the distribution of online creative(s) on its website(s). A site owner who has advertising space.
Publisher Earnings: Means the total revenue generated by the publisher using the creative(s). Publisher earnings are based on the eCPM generated by the ad spot.
Site: A connected group of pages on the World Wide Web regarded as a single entity, usually maintained by one person or organization and devoted to a single topic or several closely related topics.
Space: The position on a publisher’s website(s) available for advertisements.
How do I create a campaign?
After successful account registration and login, you can create your first campaign under Campaigns > Create campaign menu. Set your targeting criteria and then click the ' Create campaign' button to save these, then add your creative URL and click 'Update campaign'.
That's it; your campaign is saved, pending approval.
What is SmartCPM?
SmartCPM allows you to set the maximum bid you're willing to pay for a thousand impressions while only charging you the minimum price needed to reach the first position when bidding.
Is there a way to check the bids?
You can take a look at our list of minimum bids once logged in, under 'Create Campaign'. Here, the current top bids are also available to check after your targeting criteria is saved (see 'Current top bids').
When using time targeting, which time zone do I need to use?
The network operates on Universal Time (UTC), please keep this in mind when setting up time targeting or checking analytics.
Is there a way to track conversions?
Sure, tracking pixels are available to track conversions, they can be created under the Tracking events menu.
Can I buy traffic from a certain site only or block some of them?
In order to receive traffic source related statistics you need to place the [SITE-ID] string into your creative's URL. Once tested the traffic, you have the possibility to whitelist traffic sources that convert best or blacklist the ones you're not satisfied with, all this under Campaign settings.
What are the available tracking tokens?
At the moment the following tracking parameters are available to use:
- [CAMPAIGN-ID] - ID of the campaign
- [VARIATION-ID] - ID of the creative
- [CATEGORY-ID] - ID of the category (1-Straight, 2- Gay)
- [TRACKING-TOKEN] - ID of the tracking pixel of each event
- [COUNTRY] - a two letter country code (ISO-3166 alpha-2)
- [SITE-ID] - ID of the site
- [COST] - cost of the impression multiplied by 1000
- [FORMAT] - format of the creative, its type and size (e.g. popunder, banner_300x250 etc.)
- [TIME] - current Unix timestamp
How long does it take until my creative gets approved?
In order to provide the highest quality of service to our partners, creatives and websites are checked manually for approval. This is done during business hours on weekdays, in chronological order, depending on the volume of pending creatives in the queue. In case you plan a campaign for a certain period of the week, make sure it's saved and sent for approval in time.
I've created my campaign but it's not receiving any traffic; why?
This might happen for different reasons, please check the following:
- Your advertising balance - you might be out
- The campaign bid - you should always have a competitive bid and an
optimal daily budget set;
- The campaign targeting (in some cases specific country/platform might mean lower traffic);
- Make sure your creative has been approved and your
campaign is running (not paused).
In case you have any further questions, issues, do not hesitate to contact us
I've updated/modified my creative, it has been approved but not getting any traffic still. What am I missing?
Once your creative is approved after any modification, your campaign is automatically put on pause, you need to restart it under 'Campaign list'. Also, don't forget to fund your account or have balance remaining.
In case you've checked everything and the issue persists, do not hesitate to contact us
My campaign has been rejected; why?
Campaigns can get rejected because of violation of Terms & Conditions or not following our Guidelines, please check both to see if you comply with them. If you still have further questions, feel free to contact us
What are the available payment methods?
Payments can be made by wire transfer, PayPal, Credit Card (processed by PayPal) and with BitCoin through GoCoin.
Please note that in case of PayPal deposits the total amount of the deposits made in a 30 day period cannot exceed USD 1000.
How do I fund my account?
Once logged in, you can create a Payment Order under Financials > Deposit. Please note that the minimum deposit is USD 50. The selected amount is a gross amount.
Is there a minimum deposit limit?
The minimum funding required is 50 USD. Please remember that VAT might be deducted from the transferred amount if applicable.
How to start a wire transfer?
For starting your wire transfer, you can create your Payment Order under Financials > Deposits once logged in to your account. Please note that the minimum deposit is USD 50 from which VAT shall be deducted when applicable.
How long does it take until the wired amount gets credited to my advertiser account?
Bank wires depend on the banks taking part in the transfer. The funds should be credited to your account the same day the amount is settled on our bank account. Please remember this only applies to weekdays' business hours (UTC+1).
Do I receive an invoice?
Of course; invoices are created at the end of the month, detailing your monthly spending as gross. These invoices are available after login under Financials > Expenses.
Please note that after making a bank wire, on settlement of the balance you'll receive a Statement of account only via e-mail.
What is your taxation policy?
In order to comply with EU regulations, we
apply the following rules regarding VAT deduction:
- if EU advertisers and no
valid VAT number is provided, we will apply Luxembourg VAT (17%);
- if EU advertisers and valid VAT number is provided, VAT exemption;
(Note: In case of individual registration, to provide VAT number, please contact us.)
- if Luxembourg advertisers, automatically we will apply Luxembourg VAT
- if non-EU advertisers, no VAT to be applied but valid VAT number is still
Please note that VAT number, just like all Company info, cannot be modified
after account approval, please pay extra attention when filling in these
fields at registration.
Can I get a refund?
You may opt for a refund at any time, please check our refund policy under Terms & Conditions. Please note that we're unable to process any refunds in case of account terminations due to validation of Guidelines or Terms & Conditions (e.g. detected malware, fraud etc.)
Website approval requirements
In order to provide the highest-quality service possible along with security to our partners, to both publishers and advertisers, each website is checked and approved manually.
AWE Network reserves the right to approve or to deny the affiliation of a publisher at any time.
Please find below examples of websites that are not eligible for participation:
- Websites which contain material that infringes the rights of others (including but not limited to copyright and other intellectual property rights) or which promotes copyright piracy.
- Websites with reference to illicit practices or shock human dignity: Contained with pornographic character staging minors; Contents making the apology of voluntary crimes to life, persons the integrity and sexual aggression; Contents making the apology of the war crimes, crimes against humanity; Contents provoking discrimination, hate or violence towards a person or towards a group of persons at the rate of their origin or of the group they belong to (an ethnic group, a nation, a race or a religion). Any description will be automatically recorded and indicated to proper authorities.
- Websites that participate in or transmit inappropriate newsgroup postings or unsolicited e-mail (spam).
- Websites promoting any type of illegal substance or activity
- Websites with illegal, false or deceptive investment advice
- Websites that provide incentives of any nature to require or encourage users to click on ad banners.
- Websites that are under construction or incomplete.
- Websites with extremely limited audiences or viewership
- Websites that contain any content violating Federal privacy laws, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Websites generated through free blogging or free forum platforms
- Websites displaying too many ads and poor content, sites with more than 1 pop-up and / or pop-under, sites with more than 1 exit pop up
- Websites presenting no added value to the users. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Scraped content: Sites with content taken from high-quality sources or “Free Article” sites.
- Auto-generated content: Sites with programmatically generated content. These sites often have random content that is confusing or nonsensical to a site visitor.
- Doorway sites: Sites with content designed to increase search engine rank, with little content for an actual site visitor.
- Made for ad sites: Sites that primarily consists of only advertisements do not constitute content for a landing page.
- Login to view any content: Sites with landing pages with only a login or registration form.
How long does it take until my website gets approved?
In order to provide the highest quality of service to our partners, creatives and websites are checked manually for approval. This is done during business hours on weekdays, in chronological order, depending on the volume of pending sites in the queue.
Why was my website denied?
Denial of websites can happen for different reasons. Please see the following list for a few examples:
- Poor content Site unavailable/ under construction
- Broken links / content unavailable
- Malicious content detected
- Inconsistent design
- Requires login/password to access the content: the content of the site could not be verified due to the restricted access.
- Ads not fully visible
- Too many ads / Popups: the number of ads / popups on your site
- Forbidden content
- Site's wnership not verified
- Fraudulent traffic detected
Is there a minimum payout amount?
Yes, minimum payout limits by default are: FirstchoicePay USD 50, ePayService USD 50 and Bank wire USD 100. The minimum limit can be increased anytime under Account settings.
NOTE: Bank wire is available for company users only. In case of opting for bank wire, we advise our publishers to raise their minimum payout limit as the transaction fee of wire transfers vary and are high.
When do I receive my payment?
Payouts are transferred after each closing (twice a month), in the following 5 working days.
Note for company users: Please remember to upload your invoice once your balance reached the minimum payout limit set for your account.
I haven't received my payment; why?
In order to receive your payment the following requirements have to be met:
- Account balance or revenue must reach the minimum payout limit;
- Complete Billing Address must be provided;
- Payment information must be filled in properly;
- Companies must upload an invoice when minimum payout limit reached.
How does invoicing work?
For individual publishers an invoice is generated automatically after each closing which can be downloaded from the system. These invoices can be found under 'Payouts' > 'Payment history'.
On the other hand, Publishers registered as companies need to upload their invoices to the system themselves, after each period in which their payout reached the minimum payout limit set for their account for specific payout option.
Without invoices payouts cannot be initiated, please make sure you upload your invoices as soon as possible. Please remember to upload the invoice in pdf format and limit the file to a maximum of 20MB size.
How do I upload my invoice? Are there any requirements (format, size etc.)?
Companies should upload their invoices for the latest pending payouts that reached the minimum payout limit after a closing under the 'My payouts' menu by simply clicking on the 'Upload invoice' button.
Please make sure you issue the invoice with the correct amount, correct billing information, select the right document which is in pdf format and does not exceed the 20MB size limit.